10: Commands of Christ /
Part Three: Confession
This part should approximately take 20 Minutes.
Please note all material read by the leader is in a white box. Why do you need a leader?
Description of what the leader just said.
Denotes sections read by everyone.
Denotes sections read by a volunteer.
Denotes sections read by a designated note reader.
READ BY LEADER:
Our confession is along the lines of disobedience or lethargy. Christ said "Why call ye me Lord, Lord and do not the things that I say". So let us go around and each read one of the 30 commands of Christ that we've selected and repent of not obeying them or halfheartedly, obeying them.
I'll start with #1. Lord, You have said; Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before. (Matthew 5:12)
Each will read until all 30 are read and make a one sentence confession if not obeying well or request help to do it.
READ BY DESIGNATED NOTE READER:
If you know all the commands and obey them, rejoice and pray for the rest of us miserable offenders.
READ BY A VOLUNTEER:
- Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 5:16)
- Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the alter, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. (Matthew 5:23-24)
- Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles Thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison. (matthew 5:25)
- And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee; for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. (Matthew 5:29)
- But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay; for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil. (Matthew 5:37)
- But I say unto you, That ye reist not evil; but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also (matthew 5:39)
- Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. (Matthew 5:42)
- But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curs you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; (Matthew 5:48)
- Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect (Matthew 5:48)
- Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 6:1)
- But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; ant thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. (Matthew 6:6)
- After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name. (Matthew 6:9)
- Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; not yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and body that raiment? (Matthew 6:33)
- But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. (Matthew 6:33)
- Judge not, that ye be not judged. (Matthew 7:1)
- Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest thy trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. (Matthew 7:6)
- Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. (Matthew 7:7)
- Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them; for this is the las and the prophets. (Matthew 7:12)
- Enter ye in at the strait gate; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in there: (Matthew 7:13)
- Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. (Matthew 25:13)
- Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. (Matthew 26:41)
- And Jesus came and spake unto them, say, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father, and the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (Matthew 28:18-19)
- And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (Mark 16:15)
- Say not ye, There are yet four months, and them cometh harvest? Behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. (John 4:35)
- Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. (John 5:39)
- Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. (John 6:27)
- Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. (John 7:24)
- Let not your heart be trouble: ye believe in God, believe also in me. (John 14:1)
- This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. (John 15:12)