1. First, thank you for joining us today.
2. Our goal is to strengthen our relationship with God by coming together to simply pray. Our prayer time will take the form of: Reading Scripture ( God speaking to us), saying back to God requests from scripture and directives from Scripture, Worship of god by singing and saying formal prayers.
3. This packet (or app off the Web) and your Bible is usually everything you'll need. Always note on first page any additional items.
4. We are all going to participate together. The LEADER will initiate and you, the MEMBER, will respond.
5. Let's take 3 minutes to go around and each person read one of the 8 rules. These keep the session on track. But first, who will volunteer to read the Notes? The Notes are not directives or prayers, they're simply statements that need to be said. Your job is to interrupt when it shows up and read it. Thanks.
The Note Reader is selected.
"You can't learn to fly by reading books - you must fly with a little help from an instructor. You can't learn to pray by reading books on prayer, you must pray with a little help from the Word, the Spirit and humans." - Paul Pent
Please help the leader to help everyone be governed by these rules. The rules, when followed, will greatly help the prayer session to avoid degenerating into a Bible study, a discussion or a counseling session, focusing on problems or issues instead of God's Kingdom and Righteousness. (If you want a Bible study, etc., schedule one.)
Rules: (Everyone will read one until completed)
The two Bible rules while praying: 1) Pray with thanksgiving and 2) ask in faith without wavering.
You'll notice how the sessions are planned to make sure the priority in prayer subjects is least interesting personally and most interesting to God and His Kingdom. "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you." (Matthew 6:33)
Let u pray together the prayer that Jesus commanded us to pray in Luke 11:1-4. All together now.
(And he said unto the, when ye pray, say,) Our Father which art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come Thy will be done, as in Heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from the Evil One.